At Platinum Roofing we only use cedar carrying the Certi-label. The Certi-label ensures that products used are approved by the Cedar Shake and Shingle Bureau (CSSB). This is the agency that has created and written the cedar and shake grading rules contained in the national building codes. The CSSB maintains a rigorous control program comprised of two parts:
1. Random, unannounced inspections of each member manufacturer to ensure that standards are being met.
2. Unannounced quality inspections at the mill, coupled with in-field education to members regarding correct installation of cedar products.
The team at Platinum Roofing has completed the in-depth training and has the experience it takes to install cedar according to the strict CSSB guidelines. Platinum Roofing will typically recommend cedar as a solution when working with a steep pitch, and when a certain natural aesthetic is desired. In addition to its natural beauty, cedar has many inherent benefits:
- Cedar is a renewable resource
- Cedar can withstand 245mph wind speeds
- Has a high insulation value, low energy cost
- Cedar is highly resilient in earthquakes
- Can withstand pounding hailstorms
- Aesthetically pleasing – lasting value
- Pressure – impregnated fire retardant lasts a lifetime
- Pressure – impregnated preservative treatment guards against decay
- Cedar is the best choice for a steeply pitched roof.
Cedar can last 30-50 years depending on the type of edge grain selected, installation technique, care and maintenance. Warranties for Cedar can range from 25-50 years.